We started at the Iwo Jima memorial. We saw this 7 years ago, but it was in the dark. It was beautiful. Since it was flag day today, they were setting up for an event here, so we did not stay long.
Next, we went over to Arlington. We hustled up to the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. We barely missed the changing of the guards. However, we were able to see a wreath laying ceremony, that we had not seen before. It was a beautiful ceremony, that brought tears to my eyes when the single trumpet started to play. I am so grateful for all those men and women who serve our country. They are really incredible people. We also saw the Kennedy's Eternal Flame, the Arlington House, and the Tomb of Unknown from the Civil War.



After, we headed for the airport. We had lunch and then boarded the plane and we were taken to Chicago. We had to walk quite a way to our terminal, I learned that O'Hare is HUGE! Before we knew it we were on our way to the City of Salt.
By the time we landed and got home we realized we had been in 6 different state today. It seems incredible that you can travel into so many places in such a fast time. I had the most amazing trip. I am so proud of Bri for all his hard work and getting the award.

No comments:
Post a Comment