Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th Weekend

We had a fun 4Th of July weekend. On Saturday morning, we drove down to St. George to join up with Grandma Debby and Grandpa Steve. It was only 111 degrees when we got there. It was so hot and uncomfortable. But that didn't stop us from going shopping at the factory stores. Lynnie got a darling hat, Coly some new underoos and I got a new pair of flip flops and some fudge. It was a fun time shopping. We went back to the condo and had some tacos and then put the kids in bed. Us big kids watched "The Social Network," not one that I would re watch, but one that was interesting to watch and see how Facebook was born, since I am on there way too much.
Sunday, the whole reason for this trip was so that Bri, Grandpa Steve and Grandma Debby could use up some passes Grandma Debby won. The went to play golf at a very nice golf course. So, the kids and I did things you are suppose to do on Sunday's. We relaxed took naps, got dinner ready and sang and danced. After, when the golfers had returned we had dinner and then took the kids to the swimming pool. Now it was not quite as hot as it had been the day before and the pool was cold in my opinion. I was glad to be able to sit in the hot tub for a little bit and warm up. After, we put the kids to bed, us big kids watch "Just Go with It." We laughed so hard, we thought we would wake up the kids. It was a very fun movie and had me laughing into the night.
Monday, we parted with the grandparents, as they were riding the motorcycle and making a stop at a restaurant. We headed for Salt Lake. Once we got back. We unpacked the car and drove over to Neeners and Grandpa Garry's to get some laundry done for the new week. While we were there, Lindsey called and asked if we wanted to go over to Murray Fun Days for a bit. So, we took the kids over there and can I tell you how perfect it was. We only had 40 minute until the games and blow up toys were taken down, so we didn't spend a lot of money. The kids got to walk straight on to the toys they were waiting for. It was not too hot it was the perfect time to go to the park. Grandpa won all the kids a stuffed animal. Neeners and I got some jewelry. We stayed until the area was torn down then went back to Neeners and Grandpa's for a BBQ with John & Lori Bond. They brought their granddaughter Brighton and the kids loved running and playing. They really loved the "Pop-it's." After a yummy "All American Meal" of hamburgers, hot dog, corn on the cob, potato chips and fruit, Grandpa lit fireworks. The kids had, had enough before the hole box was lit. So, we headed home and to bed. But minutes after getting home, Holladay City started firing their fireworks, which we have the most perfect view. So, Coly, Bri and I stayed up and watched those fireworks too. It was a good time, however, I never took a picture this weekend. Grandma Debby did and so did Aunt Lindsey, so if I can get some pictures from them I will post them

No comments: