Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Birthday

A woman once told me, that it was a woman's prerogative to enjoy her birthday for the whole week, and this year I think I was pretty close to successful. It all started on Tuesday. My mom in law brought my gifts over on and I got to open them. They gave me a beautiful garnet bracelet and a purple vest. She also brought some yummy Great Harvest Oatmeal cookies over. That evening my mom took my birthday shopping. I got some new clothes, just what my wardrobe needed. I really had a great time Tuesday.

My birthday was actually Wednesday this year. However, I awoke at 3 am not feeling well. I ended up at the doctor and on antibiotics. So, Wednesday was not so good. I did get many birthday wishes. Bri even went to Soup Kitchen for my birthday dinner and we watched GI Joe. It was a pleasant evening since the medicine had started to kick in by that point. But my actual birthday was not one to write home about.

Friday, I had received some money for my birthday, so after having lunch with my dear friend Lynn, I went shopping again. I got a few more things that I had wanted from the other night but had put back. It was fun to do some more shopping.

When Saturday rolled along I was so excited. Brian asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. I told him I wanted to go to dinner and a movie. But not just any dinner. So, we dropped the kids off at NeeNers and Grandpa's. Because of the movie schedule and a daughter that will not sleep unless she is in her own bed, we went to the movie first. We saw "Leap Year" and I thought it was pretty cute. Brian even laughed. It was nice to see an adult movie in the theater. After, we went to dinner at Tuscany. It was SO yummy. I had the oven roasted chicken and mash potatoes. Bri enjoyed the penne pasta. We topped it off with the 7'4" chocolate cake. YUMMY! It is such a nice restaurant, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.


Today, we celebrated Dustin, Kate's and my birthday with my dad's side of the family. We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory. I received a gift card to Kohl's, YAY! more shopping. We had a pleasant afternoon there and it was fun to see everyone. I even got to see my nephew for the first time. He is so cute!

I had a very good birthday week and enjoyed the time I had with my family. Thanks everyone for the fun birthday memories.

2 comments:

Springer Family said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend. Dinner and a movie sounds perfect. I have wanted to go to Tuscany, maybe for my birthday this year.

Shannon Beeton Johansen said...

I am so sad that I missed out on everyone's birthday lunch. I knew you guys were going to do it yesterday but I had New Beginnings that I was kind of in charge of. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.