Friday, November 30, 2012

Grateful #4

Well, since I didn't get it done one other time this will be my last one.

18 - I am grateful for play.  The kids that you get to act like kids or be with your kids.  For the memories that you make while engaging in play activities.  For the creativity that one gets while playing.

19 - I am grateful for crafts.  For the time I can create things with my hands, mind and skills.  It is amazing that making crafts can actually give one some relax time.  It really makes me feel better after accomplishing these crafts.

20 - I am grateful for movies.  For the small time away from the world and the time that you enter into someone else's world.  For the one's that make you fall in love with the hero.  Or cry with the victim.  I love the time I spend in someone else's world.

21 - I am grateful for pedicures.  For the time you get to have some one else pamper your feet.  As a mother, wife and woman I spend so much of my time on my feet.  I am REALLY grateful for the person who spends time rubbing them down. 

22 - I am grateful for showers.  I know that I mentioned warmth, and the tub was mentioned there.  This is different.  This is the shower.  When I climb in after a hard run and rinse of the stink.  The way I feel after is incredible.  I love that post run and post shower feeling. 

23 - I am grateful for the mountains.  I love looking at the rocky peaks and knowing which direction I am headed.  I love seeing them change throughout the year.  I love hiking in them.  I love running on the trails and seeing what a wonderful world the Lord has given to us.

24 - I am grateful for the ponytail holders.  I love the days when I don't have to do my hair.  When I don't have the time or don't feel good and the ponytail holder just makes it possible to look ok, without having to put any effort into.

25 - I am grateful for nicknames.  I love that I can call the people I love different names.  It has always been a part of my life to have nicknames.  I love them.

26 - I am grateful for the wink.  I love the fact that I can wink at my kids and they wink back.  I send a little signal across the room just for them.  They don't even have to make a peep back.  It is just a little "hi."

27 - I am grateful for colors.  All the colors in the world make it such an amazing place to be and live.  I love that there are 50 different shades of purple.  And even though that is the best color ever.  I love that there are 50 shades of green, grey, pink, blue and yellow to compliment that purple.

28 - I am grateful for rivalries.  For the BYU vs Utah games.  For the games that make everyone sit on the edge of their seating praying that their team will be the victor for the year.  For the shirts, flags and other team memorable that flies when the games come on.

29 - I am grateful for dreams.  For the possibilities that come with dreaming.  Nobody may ever know all of my dreams, but it pushes us to work toward something.  To put faith into that dream and do what we can to make our dreams come true. 

30 - I am grateful for love.  After, writing about all these things that I am grateful for.  The thing I am most grateful for is love.  For the love that my parents gave me, and I always knew I was loved.  For the love that Brian and I share, which has given us an incredible journey.  For the unconditional love, I have for my children and how I would do anything to protect them.  For the love I have for other family, friends, life.  I know how lucky I am to have such an amazing life full of so much love.

No comments: