Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Presidential Election 2012

(Please remember when you read this post what your mother taught you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.")
 
It is driving me crazy watching the numbers come in for the Presidential election.  I am hoping for Mitt Romney to take over as President.  At this point tonight, even though he is winning the popular vote and the electoral vote.  It is scary, he may not win.  I am frustrated at this point though about our voting system.  Back in 2000, Bush won the Electoral College, but Gore won the popular vote.  Again, this year the President may not win the popular vote.  Shouldn't the popular vote have more of an influence than it does?  I am not going to get into to politics on my blog, this is not the place.  However, it is a frustration.
As a fun fact, I was talking with Brian tonight, it dawned on me that since I began to vote, the person that I voted for to win, has.  Yes, that means I voted for President Obama, back in 2008.  But I doubt too many people can say that they have had that happen.  Granted, this year that all could change.  We will see, as only time will tell.  

No comments: