Many people are doing 30 days of things they are grateful for. I think this is a great idea, but I forget to sit down and do it everyday. So, I am going to do lists. Today I will do the 1st thru the 5th. Hopefully, in another 5 days I will do those, and so on and so forth. I am also, going to try to find more unique answers to give. I am ever so grateful for my family, friends, health and home. I just want to reach for different things and really look at all the things I am grateful for.
1 - I am grateful for hugs. The way they have a healing power and a celebratory power. Hugs are the best way to let someone you love, know that you care. They are warm, inviting and special. They are also very comforting when you are suffering.
2 - I am grateful for technology. We can do so many things now days that didn't even exist 10 years ago. I love that I can see my sister who lives thousands of miles away. I love that I can text someone a quick message to let them know I am thinking about them. I love digital cameras and the many pictures that I can take and store, while erasing some that are prehaps not so good.
3 - I am grateful for quiet time. That last hour of the night when I can read, watch a movie, and just unwind. Find a little time for me.
4 - I am grateful for laughter. I love that the power of laughter can heal a sad heart. It can bring people closer together. It can bring a smile to your face long after the original cause of laughter. Laughter is the best medicine.
5 - I am grateful for age. Yes, you read it right. I am grateful for those who have lived long enough to share their life experiences with us. I am grateful for the opportunity to get some experiences under my belt, as I age, that make me a better mom, wife and person. People really do get better with age.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment