Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 2- Seaside

Today, was a fun day.  It was not as much driving as yesterday.  After breakfast we headed toward Multnomah Falls.  Even though we visited 2 years ago, we wanted to go again and see it.  We also thought it would be good to break up part of the drive.  We stopped first at Horsetail Falls.  I had forgotten how big this one was.
Next stop was Multnomah.  Man, oh, man, it was crowded today.  I don't think we visited on a Saturday last time, because it was no where near as crowded as it was today.  The kids had a good time.  After a quick stop for lunch we were headed up the road again.  This time we drove through Portland, which we did not do last time.  Kinda looked fun.
Finally, we arrived at our destination, Seaside.  (Angels singing - Hallejluha).  When got up to our room and I have to say we could not have asked for a better view (first picture below).  Mom and I headed for the store to pick up some dinner and food.  Bri and Grandpa Garry took the kids to the beach to build sand castles.  (They have been looking forward to this for weeks.)  I am told that they had a great time and the pictures look like they did.

We had a good dinner and have begun planning our adventures for tomorrow.  Stay tuned for more fun updates from the Hansen Family.

No comments: