Monday, May 14, 2012

Race for the Cure

This past Saturday, Mom and I walked in Race for the Cure.  CNS put together a team of 54 people to walk in the race.  It is amazing, as small of a company it is we have had so many women face breast cancer.  Mom has always wanted to do the race but has always been timid about it, because she has been nervous to walk the full distance.  So, I told her we would take it slow and if I needed to I would run back to the car and pick her up. 



While, we did not make the full distance we cut off 1 mile, we did make 2 of the miles of the race.  Plus you add walking to and from the starting line/finish line to the car, I think we walked just over 3 miles.  Whoot, whoot!  The best part was I got to spend some great quality time with my mom and 2 other amazing ladies Elaine (survivor), and her daughter Kimi. 
Thanks Ladies for a great walk!  Congrats Elaine on being cancer free!

No comments: