Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dino Land

This past weekend, we took the kids down to Vernal with the thought of taking them to Dinosaur Land.  However, the real reason for the trip was so that Debby, Reinier and I could run the Dino Half Marathon. 
We arrived Friday evening, it was a nice drive not too far away.  After a nice carb loading dinner, we headed back to the motel and got ready for the race. 
Saturday arrived, the 3 of us left early so we could catch the bus up to the starting line.  At mile 3, Debby was having side aches, so I went off on my own (as I was trying to get a personal record).  At mile 11, I knew I was 9 minutes ahead of my projected time.  I crossed the line at 2:16:28, I was so thrilled I started to cry.  Debby and Reinier, were not too far behind coming in at 2:34:something.  Debby ended up getting second in her age category's.  Reinier ended up getting a PR, too.
After a shower.  We went to a fabulous lunch at The Quarry.  If you are ever in Vernal, looking for lunch or dinner I recommend this place.  It is a little pricey, but worth the good food.  Then we took the kids to Dinosaur land.  We saw the bones and the petroglyphs.  By this time the kids just wanted to go back and swim at the hotel.  So that is what Bri and the kids did.  I took a much needed nap.
We enjoyed an easy dinner of pizza that night in our hotel room watching TV with everyone.  Then Sunday we left bright and early to come home.  But it was a fun "mini vacation."

No comments: