This morning started out fun. Bri and I went on a little running date. Neeners and Grandpa watched the kids while Bri and I went on our trail run. We ran from Seaside over Tillamook Head to Indian Beach. It was a beautiful run among the trees, ferns and moss. However, it was a muddy run, our shoes will never be the same again. :) It was raining the entire run and the wind was blowing big time in some area, which normally is not a big deal, but when we would stop to sight see we got cold. Thankfully Neeners and Grandpa picked us up from Indian Beach and we were able to get a warm meal and a hot shower.
Since I found out that Tillamook, was up here, I have wanted to go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Tillamook cheese is my favorite cheese, I have my mom to blame for that. Mom and I really wanted go to the factory, not necessarily for how cheese is made, but to have samples. However, we did not feel safe taking Coli into the cheese factory, so Bri, Gar, Coli and Lou went on another adventure, while we toured the factory.
The factory was interesting. I learned it takes 10 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of cheese. Tillamook factory receives 1.7 million pounds of milk every day. Mom and I then enjoyed some samples. We each bought some cheese and fudge from the factory. Then decided while we were waiting to enjoy a junior ice cream cone. They were delicious. We did have Coli and Lou come in for a photo opp and a stretch penny.
While, we were in the factory, the other members of our group went to Oregon's Shortest Lighthouse. While they were there looking at this short lighthouse, they saw the "Octopus Tree." They also got a stretch penny from here. After, they came back to get us Neeners and Grandpa went for a cup of clam chowder and we headed toward Seaside.
Along the way we stopped at Hug Point. We had heard that this was a nice beach, especially if you wanted to have a romantic stroll on the beach. It was so pretty here. The dark rocks and the lighter sand was such a nice contrast, I can see why it is considered a romantic spot. There was even a little cove. Bri called it "Coitus Cove." Te he
We enjoyed beautiful sights along the coast on the way to and from Tillamook. At the end of the day when the kids where is bed, Coli told Grandpa his favorite part of the day. "Was getting 2 new pennies." Gotta love it.
Summertime Sweets
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment