Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 7 - Cannon Beach & Kites

Today, the guys headed for Garibaldi, for a rock bottom fishing trip, at 4:00 AM.  At 6:30 AM they walked back through the door and stated due to all the severe weather we have been having the past little bit, a sand bar has become high and dangerous.  So, today the captain cancelled the trip for safety reasons. 
Everyone, slept in and had a more relaxing morning.  Mom and I had planned to go to Cannon Beach for a shopping trip, so that is what everyone did.  We found many cute little shops with all different fun things. One was a glass shop, with a glass blower actually blowing, this was a first for me.  Colin sat on the chair and was very amazed at the process.  In fact, I think I he was sad when it was over.  Next a little more shopping and a stretch penny for each kiddo. 
Mid day, the kids were hungry so we went to a fun little restaurant.  Everyone had a good lunch.  After, we went to Oregon's oldest kite shop, searching for a kite for the kids.  The prices were very high so we past and then went to Bruce's Candy Kitchen, where we found fresh made salt water taffy.  It was Coli safe, which has been harder than one would think.  We walked the full length of the street, it has an old downtown Park City feel.  I love Cannon Beach.  It feels romantic and quaint.  I could come back here for sure.

After, we had a nap we headed to the kite store here in Seaside.  Each kiddo got to pick a kite.  Lynnie picked a Mermaid and Coli a Pirate kite.  We then walked down to the beach for some kite flying.  That only lasted a few minutes until the playing in the sand commenced.  What a fabulous day we had in Cannon Beach.

No comments: